Administration Manager Job Specifications
Role: Administration Manager
Hours: 15 Hours per week
Hours of work: Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 10am to 3pm
Salary: pro-rata salary of £11,700 (£15 per hour)
Location Hargrave Hall Community Centre, Hargrave Road, N19 5SP
Hargrave Hall Community Association which runs Hargrave Hall Community Centre is a charity providing services and activities in the heart of Archway, north Islington. We are seeking a dynamic and experienced manager to oversee the operational side of our community centre.
The successful candidate will manage the day to day running of Hargrave Hall Community Centre, under the guidance of the Board of Trustees. You will manage all adhoc bookings from initial enquiry via telephone, walk in and online enquiries, client site visits, production of contracts, and receiving payments through to returning deposit post event.
You will be responsible for the finances of the hall working in conjunction with the Treasurer producing invoices to all service users, paying all relevant bills and payroll.
You will maintain and manage the physical environment of the centre to ensure it remains a high quality, clean and welcoming environment.
- Dealing with enquiries and managing hall hire sales
- To maintain the maintenance of the building including general repairs
- Stock control – ordering supplies for the hall, including cleaning products
- Responsible for day-to-day admin including managing caretaker rota, ensuring cleaner is aware of all weekend bookings
- To work with the development manager implementing the delivery of all community-based projects in line with Hargrave Halls’ business plan and any other related projects which may arise.
- Keep abreast of issues that affect the voluntary and community sector in North London, how these affect local community centres.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks
- Sales Experience
- Excellent administrative and office management experience
- Computer Literate – Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Ability to learn business processes quickly
- Attention to detail, quality, accuracy, and desire for continual improvement.
- Effective communication skills (written & verbal)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage difficult situations
- Self-motivated uses own initiative and will make decisions
- Good time management
- An ability to maintain own personal safety and the safety of others within the centre.
- Ability to organise information and tasks and prioritise activities using appropriate tools and resources.
- Ability to work with others co-operatively and flexibly within a team to achieve a collective goal.
- Ability to give and receive written and verbal information in a timely, user-friendly, understandable manner and checks interpretation.
- Having the will, energy and decisiveness to make things happen professionally and personally.
- First aid training
- Experience working with volunteers
Please send your CV to email@example.com with a short cover letter explaining why you are suitable for this position.