- Payment of the full hire charge must be made 14 days before the date of hire at Hargrave Hall Community Centre.
RETURNABLE DAMAGES DEPOSIT
- A returnable damages deposit of £100.00 (each) for the Upper Hall and/or Lower Hall must be paid to secure your booking. Cash, Cheques and Bank Transfers are acceptable, cheques are to be made payable to Hargrave Hall Community Centre. Please keep the receipt.
- If there are no penalties incurred the deposit will be refunded within 14 days after the event.
- If you wish for your deposit to be returned via bank transfer, please complete the appropriate section on the booking form
DEDUCTIONS TO RETURNABLE DAMAGES DEPOSIT
- If there is any damage to the Centre itself or equipment within, the hirer shall be charged the cost.
- If the hirer fails to comply with any conditions of hire, the deduction shall be decided by the Board of Trustees. The hirer has the right to appeal in writing within 14 days of being notified of this decision. The Board of Trustees decision is final.
- Fees are charged from the time you wish to enter the hall until the time you leave as stated on this booking form. Any overrun will be deducted from the deposit.
- The person hiring the hall(s) must be responsible throughout the event and must remain in the hall until all guests have vacated. Another responsible adult can be named if the hirer is not available. Their name and telephone number must be given to the hall management and the caretaker prior to the event.
- Events for minors need to have sufficient adult supervision at all times.
- Items with naked flames, fireworks or confetti balloons are NOT to be used within the centre premises including the exterior and gardens.
- Items including bottled glasses or oxygen bottles, including breathing apparatus are not to be used onsite without having written consent from the management of the hall.
- A fee of £30 is payable to the caretaker for opening and closing the centre for your event. This is to be paid in cash on the day. The Caretaker will indicate the fire exits, toilets etc. The caretaker will lock up the Centre at the end of the event. The hirer must meet the caretaker at the agreed time.
Cleaning must be done to a standard acceptable by the caretaker, otherwise cleaning fees will be deducted from the deposit.
- All tables, chairs and any other equipment must be left in a clean and tidy state.
- If furniture has been moved from one hall to another, it must be replaced where originally found, so as not to inconvenience regular hall user groups. The caretaker must be informed as these items will need to be disinfected after each use in line with current guidelines.
- All rubbish must be put into the appropriate bins and food waste must be put in the green wheelie bin at the front of Hargrave Hall.
- If used, the garden must be cleaned, and the bins emptied.
- All external stairs must be left in a clean and tidy state.
- No rubbish to be left in the street outside.
- The cleaning fee will include the cleaner sweeping and mopping the floors, emptying the bins and disinfecting all surfaces in line with current government guidelines.
USE OF THE BUILDING AND NOISE
- Hirers should only use the hall they have booked to use and must keep numbers within the maximum occupancy.
- Upper Hall = 120 persons
- Lower Hall = 60 persons
- Garden = 60 persons
- Hirers and their guests are reminded that Hargrave Hall is in a residential area and therefore consideration should be taken towards local residents, both with regard to noise made inside during the event, and outside of the building when leaving.
- Front doors to be kept closed during an event to minimise noise on the street. It is also a security point.
- Please do not double park in the road or sit on neighbours’ walls.
- Hargrave Hall does NOT supply any crockery, glasses, cutlery, dishes or pans.
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THESE CONDITIONS WILL RESULT IN LOSS OF DEPOSIT
VACATING THE BUILDING
- All weekend [Friday & Saturday] functions must end by 11pm promptly. Only a maximum of 8 people involved in clearing away and cleaning should be in the building after 10.30pm.
- Weekday [Sunday to Thursday] functions to end 10pm (regular user groups at the discretion of the Management Committee may request later times). Only a maximum of 8 people involved in clearing away and cleaning should be in the building after 9.30pm.
- All music is to be switched off by 9.30pm (weekdays) and 10:30pm (weekends), and no more refreshments should be served.
- Hirers and their guests are requested to leave promptly and quietly.
- Islington Council no longer offers liability insurance for users of Hargrave Hall. The hirer therefore uses the property at their own risk. It is suggested that the hirer acquires their own liability insurance.
ALCOHOL AND ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES
- No alcohol must be sold on the premises without a licence. Use of illegal substances is strictly forbidden.
NO SMOKING POLICY
- Hirer and their guests must follow Hargrave Hall’s no smoking policy whilst on the premises.
FIRE HEALTH AND SAFETY
- On arrival the caretaker will go through all evacuation procedures including indicating to the user where all fire exits are, the escape routes and assembly point. It is important that the user takes time to go through this with the caretaker as it is the users responsibility to manage the evacuation if necessary.
- All Fire Exits must be left clear and unobstructed at all times.
Gas cylinders used for inflating balloons are to be taken away by the hirer otherwise the cost of disposing of them will be deducted from the deposit.
- Any property bought onto the premises is at the owner’s risk. No responsibility is taken for any loss or damage to such property and the hall’s insurance does not provide any cover for such loss or damage.
- The concrete garden may only be used if previously agreed with the hall management.
- If the concrete garden is used, no glass is to be taken outside as it is a children’s play area.
- All litter must be cleared away at the end of the event.
- There is a ramp leading to the lower hall for wheelchair access.
- There is a disabled lift at the rear of the property giving access to the upper hall. Please discuss use of the disabled lift with the Centre Manager prior to your event.